The Invisalign system also is known as clear aligner treatment, is an orthodontic device that is a transparent, plastic form of invisible braces used to adjust teeth. Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that helps to straighten teeth without the help of metal braces but using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means a braces specialist can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain proper oral health during treatment; and there are no wires, metal, or brackets cutting your mouth.
What is Invisalign?
- The Invisalign system is a virtually invisible treatment that uses an innovative and invisible approach to effectively straighten your teeth without braces.
- Series of custom-made clear removable aligners made with unique SmartForce technology, the Invisalign system gradually shifts your teeth into the proper position.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets
- Custom-made for comfort
They can correct a variety of imperfections. It can treat cases from minor teeth straightening to moderate malocclusions.
- They are removable so it is easier to maintain oral health during treatment.
- The Aligners are thin, transparent, and are very comfortable to wear.
- They require no food restrictions unlike metal braces
- Invisalign treatment gives you visible results from the first month of treatment
- They are easily removable so you have the freedom to eat and drink whatever you like
- They have a relatively short treatment time.
How does Invisalign works?
- In the first appointment, the Invisalign-trained orthodontist will take X-rays, photos, and dental impressions to create a treatment plan.
- The Invisalign provider will then use these records and create a customized 3D treatment plan. With this treatment plan, you can know the final position of your teeth that are predicted to reach
- The customized aligners will be manufactured and shipped to your Orthodontist’s office.
- Series of custom-made aligners will be given to you, wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks. Remove only to eat, drink and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week
- You will visit your Braces specialist doctor approximately every 6-8 weeks to monitor your progress and receive the next series of aligners.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months.
- After you have finished your treatment, maintain your new smile with the use of retainers.