Dental implants are like your third set of teeth in case of traditional treatment options for tooth replacements and addresses short term cosmetic problem of missing teeth.
In case of bridge options adjacent, healthy teeth are grounded to serve as posts (supports the missing tooth) which are at risk of cavities. For implants, healthy teeth are left alone. They serve as similar to natural teeth and that is why it’s recognized as standard care for tooth replacement.
How It’s fixed?
Commonly a titanium screw is placed into your jaw-bone below the gum tissue(provided with enough bone support if not, procedures are done to regenerate enough bone) over which custom made tooth crown is replaced, you may not be able to tell it apart from your natural teeth.
What is the procedure? Is it Painless?
It’s absolutely a painless procedure under local anesthesia under 3 steps:
- An implant placed into the bone below gum tissue temporary posts may be placed onto it until healing process.
- After healing, permanent posts are placed which will hold your custom-made tooth crown that the dental lab will mold and match to your existing teeth.
- The final step where the custom-made tooth is cemented into posts.
How can you get one?
- You have only one missing tooth
- You have multiple missing teeth
- You have all your teeth missing
Dental implants can be placed in most adults who are in good to moderate health. Certain uncontrolled medical conditions may decrease the effectiveness if implant treatment, so be sure to discuss your full medical history with your doctor.