We recommend all children get a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7.
- - Orthodontist can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present.
- - While your childâs teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect.
- - A check-up may reveal that your childâs bite is fine, or the orthodontist may identify a developing problem but recommends monitoring the childâs growth and development, and then, if indicated, begin treatment at the appropriate time for the child. In other cases, the orthodontist might find a problem that can benefit from early treatment.
- - Early treatment may prevent or intercept more problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated. In some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
- Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Create a more pleasing arrangement of teeth, lips and face
- Through an early orthodontic evaluation, youâll be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile.
- - Phase I / interceptive / mixed-dentition treatment â comprehensive orthodontic treatment for patients who still have deciduous (baby) teeth.
- - Monitoring / Observation â these patients need careful monitoring of erupting teeth.
- - Habit appliance â patient who have tongue thrust or finger/thumb sucking habits.
To Book an instant appointment with Dr. Prashant Gupta, who is an Orthodontist / Dentist in Kalyani Nagar.